Membership & Partnerships Manager
Reports to: Executive Leadership
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary: $60k-100k if full-time, guided by our equitable compensation structure. The higher pay bands require 6-10 years of experience in closely related work; the position is open however, in the lower range, to people with as little as 3 years of experience.
Location: Most work virtual; little travel anticipated.
SUMMARY: Requires dynamism and creativity to well-manage and deeply engage our current members, and to grow and recruit new groups interested in developing community-owned solar, as well as partnerships with actors (funders, social justice groups, solar developers, universities, …) in select strategic growth regions.
Seeking a smart, energetic, well-organized and strategic person with excellent people skills and demonstrated competence at engaging comfortably with diverse constituencies but particularly with grassroots BIPOC communities.
PSEF is an equal opportunity employer that values strong representation of people who are commonly underrepresented in nonprofit leadership and who resemble and relate closely to the demographic and lived experience of the communities we most seek to represent. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with a lived experience of poverty/ racism and people from underrepresented and historically marginalized groups. The work entails extensive reading and writing (some research, much planning, extensive correspondence…), active computer usage and common software (spreadsheets, etc), and clear verbal communication in English.
To apply, please click "Apply Now" and fill out the application form, attach your resume and a brief preliminary inquiry letter. Anyone of interest to us will receive an invitation for further followup within 2-3 weeks of receipt.
Thank you! (And please help spread the word.)
- Design and organize frequent, compelling membership meetings that foster networking, peer-learning and exposure to key developments in the field.
- Design and implement periodic surveys and other interactive means to collect regular updates from members and to assess the direct interests and direction-setting of the membership.
- Design and generate frequent newsletters that share key developments of the membership as well as important news from related fields.
- Engage actively in all related fields to be able to identify and cultivate relations with prospective members well poised to undertake community-owned solar projects.
- Stay abreast of major policy developments in the field to bring to the attention of the membership.
- Requires 3 years of related work but could have been in a student or volunteer capacity. (Higher pay band expects at least three times that.)
Nice to have
- Preference for community organizing experience and work re racial, climate and/or economic justice, though social enterprise sales/marketing also suitable.
What's great in the job?
- Great team of smart people, in a friendly and open culture
- Real responsibilities and challenges in a fast evolving organization
- Opportunity to meet with amazing PSEF Members who have been doing groundbreaking work